openjpa-users mailing list archives

From 玉米老 <wangy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA 2.1 clear() is very slow.
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 06:45:33 GMT
Hello Rick and Mark,
First of all, I appreciate your quick response very much.

As your advices, I have opened the OpenJPA trace log and tried to
figure out what did it really do when clear() method of Entity Manager
was invoked.

Please let me introduce my scenario first.
I have two table one is master and another is slave.The slave entity
list is LAZY loaded.
My case is every time I try to get a list of master table entity,
clear() method of Entity Manager will be invoked first to make sure
latest entities will be retrieved. In addition, slave entities seldom
be loaded in my scenario.

But from trace log I found clear() method always try to load all slave
entities and then detach all master and slave entities. I guest that's
the exact root cause why clear() method is so slow.

And I found upgrading to 1.2.2 and adding below line into
persistence.xml doesn't really make any improvements.
                        <property name="openjpa.Compatibility"
value="ReloadOnDetach=false, FlushBeforeDetach=false"/>

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Yu Wang