openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Teradata Support
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:22:05 GMT
Hi Sudhakar,
Thanks for your interest in OpenJPA and your expected usage with the
Teradata database.  I'm familiar with Teradata from a high level, but I have
no experience with the installation and configuration of the database.  The
creation and maintenance of DB dictionaries from an OpenJPA perspective
starts with interest from organizations such as yours.  I would suggest
starting with the standard JDBC dictionary (DBDictionary) and see how it
executes against the Teradata database.  You could start with our JUnit
bucket first [1].  If there are inconsistencies due to the implementation of
the Teradata database, then you could easily extend the DBDictionary to a
more specific dictionary for Teradata (similar to what we have done for DB2,
Oracle, SQLServer, etc).

Good luck.  As long as Teradata is JDBC compliant, you should not have much
trouble with getting this to run as expected.

Kevin

[1]  http://openjpa.apache.org/testing.html