openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Henno Vermeulen <he...@huizemolenaar.nl>
Subject N+1 select problem for Map no matter what I try
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:36:56 GMT
When I have a Map inside a TestEntity (mapped either with @OneToMany or @ElementCollection),
OpenJPA 2 always performs N + 1 selects when I do the simple query "SELECT z FROM TestEntity
z".

A solution to this would of course be great, but I would also be very happy if an OpenJPA
developer could quickly try this out and confirm to me whether or not this is indeed an issue
with OpenJPA or that it is simply expected behavior.

Regards,
Henno Vermeulen

(p.s. I have tried many settings and the problem occurs no matter what I try. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1920
and my unanswered post "preventing N+1 select performance problem on maps").