openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Joel Halbert <j...@su3analytics.com>
Subject How to disable caching?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:23:38 GMT
Hi,

I have performed a test to confirm that I don't seem to be able to
disable caching (2.0.1).

I've set the following properties:

<property name="openjpa.DataCache" value="false"/>
<property name="openjpa.QueryCache" value="false"/>
<property name="openjpa.jdbc.QuerySQLCache" value="false"/>

And I can see the correct values of these properties are logged out when
I start my app.

When I create the entity Test.java  (below), and run it's main method
(with the TEST table empty to start with) and then subsequently manually
insert into the test table:

insert into TEST values (1,'a');

it never picks up on the inserted values, even though I am creating a
new EntityManager for each iteration where I perform the query on Test.

What could I be doing wrong!?

Thanks
Joel

package com.su3analytics.sitedelta.model;

import java.util.List;

import javax.persistence.Access;
import javax.persistence.AccessType;
import javax.persistence.Column;
import javax.persistence.Entity;
import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
import javax.persistence.EntityManagerFactory;
import javax.persistence.GeneratedValue;
import javax.persistence.GenerationType;
import javax.persistence.Id;
import javax.persistence.Persistence;
import javax.persistence.Table;
import javax.persistence.TypedQuery;

@Entity
@Access(AccessType.PROPERTY)
@Table(name="TEST")
public class Test {

	private int id;
	private String name;

	@Id
	@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
	@Column(name="ID")
	public int getId() {
		return id;
	}
	public void setId(int id) {
		this.id = id;
	}

	@Column(name="NAME")
	public String getName() {
		return name;
	}
	public void setName(String name) {
		this.name = name;
	}

	// SIMPLE TEST CASE
		EntityManagerFactory factory = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("su3", null);
		while(true) {
			EntityManager em = factory.createEntityManager();
			TypedQuery<Test> q = em.createQuery("select t from Test t", Test.class);
			List<Test> res = q.getResultList();
			for (Test t :res) {
				System.out.println(t.getId()+", " + t.getName());
			}
			Thread.sleep(1000);
			em.close();
		}