openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Sargol <s_sr_sade...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: EntityManager dosn't release connection in XA transactions
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 14:32:14 GMT

Hello
We have encountered a problem that seems it is related to this type of
openjpa settings.
We have configured a distributed transaction in our application server and
we are using openjpa 1.2.1 and Glassfish application server. Although the
default behavior of transaction locking must be optimistic,
it seems that pessimistic locking has been happened.
It is found that Row Lock contention happens in a specific table.
This is the exception :
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting
for lock
Is there any property which has to be set related to the XA transactions
management for openjpa?
For your information, already all the following properties have been set.

1. <persistence-unit name="JPXA" transation-type="JTA">

2. <property name="openjpa.TransactionMode" value="managed"/>

   You can try a plug-in string to lookup the TM in JNDI (the value is the
JNDI name of GlassFish TM as per Google search)
3. <property name="openjpa.ManagedRuntime"

value="jndi(TransactionManagerName=java:appserver/TransactionManager)"/>

Following searching about this locking problem, we found that we should add
two more properties for openjpa as listed below.

<property name="openjpa.LockManager" value="version" />
<property name="openjpa.jdbc.TransactionIsolation" value="read-committed" />

but this time we have got another error:
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: ORA-02089: COMMIT is
not allowed in a subordinate session.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Sargol