openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to persist duplicate of an entity?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:18:13 GMT
There are so many variables that can come into play with a scenario like
this...

If you are only looking to populate the database and you don't care about
the actual Entity objects, then you could just populate a single Entity
instance.  In a loop, persist and commit this entity, update the key and
repeat.  If you are using a Version field, then you'll also have to reset
that each time.

It all depends on the end game...  :-)

Kevin