openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Joel Halbert <j...@su3analytics.com>
Subject Re: Unmanaged object in persistent fie - exception
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:08:25 GMT
Hi Rick,

I'm not doing any serialisation myself, or do you mean serialized by
OpenJPA?

I actually followed up directly with the OP of this thread, who
described the same problem as I'm having:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@openjpa.apache.org/msg06232.html

He says that the error message might be misleading and that actually the
cause is:

> Trying to persist (insert new) an entity that has a
> reference to an existing entity that is managed by another EM throws
> the error.

So I'm going to follow up on this as it's very possible that this is
what's happening to me. I've got EM's being opened and closed on
various threads and sharing (hopefully detached) persistent entities
between them. I'll report back soon.