openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPAB results
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:07:28 GMT
Ilan -

I did some perf testing / profiling today and came across another property
that should help out quite a lot.

property-3=<property name="openjpa.ConnectionRetainMode" value="always"/>

The net of this property is that each EntityManager will keep a connection
open to the DB as long as it is alive. Note to anyone else reading this
post: This property shouldn't be used in a container managed environment as
EntityManagers can bee pooled and in turn connections will never be closed.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for all of the hard work!

Rick