openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MySQL bug 50174 and OpenJPA ant task.
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:58:42 GMT
I think there needs to be some level of application work to resolve the
problem. OpenJPA could be updated to catch the MySQL specific exception and
issue a more generic retry exception to the application. I'm not sure we
want to add automatic retry logic to every interaction with the database to
cover a particularly annoying MySQL bug.

Is that in line with what you were thinking, or did I mis something along
the way?

-mike