openjpa-users mailing list archives

From joe <fischauto...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: SAP MaxDB not supported?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:41:28 GMT
Hi,

> I've committed the code changes and a section to the user manual. Could use
> the class name for the JDBC driver, and some version information for the
> manual, but function wise you should be good to go once we publish a new
> SNAPSHOT build.

I downloaded the 2.1.0 snapshot and found the added MaxDBDictonary class.
Cause i can only use openjpa 1.2.1 with OpenEJB in a Java 1.5
environemnt, i recompiled the class for 1.5 and added it to the
openjpa-1.2.1.jar shipped with OpenEJB then i edited the persistence.xml
<property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MaxDBDictionary" />

And it works!
I did some tests (simple CRUDs) and had no problems.
As described in the MaxDBDictonary class, currently its just
a placeholder.
So for production i will use
<property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary" />
so i dont have to patch the openjpa-1.2.1.jar with the new class.

Thx for your help.