openjpa-users mailing list archives

From venra <svela...@hotmail.com>
Subject I am not able to store the children to the parent at a time using onetomany
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:47:23 GMT

Please help me with my issue.

This sample i took from Openjpa samples.

two classes

InventoryCategory.java

@OneToMany(targetEntity=gov.ssa.rome.model.InventoryItem.class,
    		cascade=CascadeType.ALL,
    		mappedBy="category")
    public List<InventoryItem> getItems()
    {
        return items;
    }

InventoryItem.java
@ManyToOne
	@JoinColumn(name="CAT_ID", nullable=false)
	public InventoryCategory getCategory()
	{
	    return category;
	}

I am trying to use like this below in my Test.java

InventoryCategory cat = new InventoryCategory();
        cat.setCategoryName("testname");
        cat.setCategoryDescription("testdescription");

List<InventoryItem> items= new ArrayList<InventoryItem>();

InventoryItem item = new InventoryItem();
        item.setItemName("name");
        item.setItemDescription("description");
        item.setItemPrice(1);

items.add(item);

cat.setItems(items);

em.persist(cat);//expecting to save all the items and category in there
respective tables with this call.

but it is not happening.

May i know how this onetomany work if i want my expected result to happen?

Thanks in advance.

-Venra