openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Angelo K. Huang" <angel...@ymail.com>
Subject How to set 'ordered' in SequenceGenerator
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 19:29:37 GMT

In our system, one field uses Oracle Sequence to generate sequence number as
key. The DB we are using is Oracle in RAC environment. But there is one
issue when using sequence in RAC. The sequence order is not guaranteed. From
this article (http://www.pythian.com/news/383/sequences-in-oracle-10g-rac/),
we can set 'ordered' to enforce global lock on the Oracle sequence among the
RAC nodes. But I can't find any documents talking about the attribute
'ordered' for  SequenceGenerator. Here is how we define the sequence.

    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE, generator =
"EVENT_SEQ")
    @SequenceGenerator(name = "EVENT_SEQ", sequenceName = "EVENT_SEQ",
allocationSize = 50)