openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA custom annotations
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:09:48 GMT
Hi Idan,
Anything is possible...  :-)  OpenJPA provides its own custom annotations in
addition to the annotations defined by the JPA specification.  I would
suggest looking at one of these custom annotations and walking through the
associated code to understand what type of processing would be required for
the updates you want to tackle.

Look in the org.apache.openjpa.persistence package.  Maybe the @DataCache
annotation or the @Generator custom annotations would be a good place to
start.  We don't really have any documentation for writing custom
annotations, but it can be done.

FYI, as you continue with this type of activity, it might be good to move
the conversation to the dev mailing list since your questions might become a
bit more detailed on the internals of OpenJPA (vs usage).

Good luck!
Kevin