openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection.commit is not allowed during a global transaction
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:16:20 GMT
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Are you using resource injection to obtain the EntityManager or
EntityManagerFactory? If the container provided the JPA resource then it
should participate in a JTA transaction by default.

If you're using the javax.persistence.Persistence bootstrap class then the
default might be RESOURCE_LOCAL. In which case changing the setting in
persistence.xml will resolve the problem.

One other question, how have to specified the datasource(s)? Do you have a
jta-data-source, and a non-jta-data-source, or just one of them?

-mike