openjpa-users mailing list archives

From corstad <cully.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrate EntityBean NamedSequenceTable to OpenJPA
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:41:47 GMT

Greetings:

 I am attempting to migrate Entity Beans to OpenJPA. Each Entity Bean
represents a single table in the DB. The Entity Beans are deployed on
WebLogic 10.0 using WLS 8 version of the deployment descriptors. (I just
work here).

 Each table has a corresponding sequence table with a single column named
Sequence. The current DD for these use the following XML within the
weblogic-cmp-jar.xml file for each weblogic-rdbms-bean defined.

   <automatic-key-generation>
      <generator-type>NAMED_SEQUENCE_TABLE</generator-type>
      <generator-name>WebCartSequence</generator-name>
      <key-cache-size>1</key-cache-size>
   </automatic-key-generation>

The SQL used to create the sequence table is:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[WebCartSequence](
	[Sequence] [int] NOT NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]

My question is what would the OpenJPA annotations look like to use this id
generation strategy?

Thanks,

C.