openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WAS7 persistence provider problems (openJPA, Hibernate)
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:47:10 GMT
Since you are a WebSphere user, have you opened a PMR for this problem?  If
you open a PMR, that will definitely raise the priority of getting this
issue resolved and get a fix delivered in an iFix or fixpack.  Literally,
anybody can open a JIRA Issue against OpenJPA.  The community only has so
many cycles in a day, so we need some assistance with prioritizing the
work.  PMRs help the IBM-related developers properly prioritize...  :-)

Related to getting Hibernate to work properly in WebSphere.  It's definitely
doable [1], but I would ask why you want to use yet another piece of
software in your stack?  I've been asked this question so many times that I
recently wrote a Comment Lines to document my response [2].

Hope this information helps.

Thanks!
Kevin

[1]
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/form/anonymous/api/library/53181ccd-bcd4-431f-b968-0b5f6d46d652/document/192a432b-28bb-4080-b037-345e5d83da76/attachment/61e74f67-1d60-4120-ba25-ad7264c9f4f6/media/AlternateJPAProviders_TestReport.pdf
[2]
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/1008_col_sutter/1008_col_sutter.html