openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: understanting GC live cycle of object(statemanager first level cache)
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:50:47 GMT
Marc -

> ->so if we dereference the persistent object , the object is GCed and the
disapear from the first level cache (as state manager is not root
No. An entity will in the L1 cache until the context ends or it is
cleared(em.clear) or if the JVM is running low on memory(the managedcache
uses SoftReferences)...and I'm sure there are some other scenarios that
aren't coming to my head.

> why agressive flushing(setTrackChangesByType) just touch to second level
cache.
I've never looked at that property before this morning... but as far as I
can tell this property can be used to avoid putting data into the L2 cache.
This property has nothing to do with the L1 cache.

HTH,
Rick