openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WAS7 persistence provider problems (openJPA, Hibernate)
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:15:58 GMT
Hi,

Comments inline below.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM, mpf <mrkspfeiffer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rick Curtis wrote:
> >
> >> At first someone knows a solution for that problem (workaround)?
> >
> > Does this comment from the JIRA apply to your situation? : Forgot to
> > mention
> > that one work around we found for this problem is that if both Lower
> > entities use LAZY fetches in stead of EAGER fetches, then the exception
> > won't be thrown.
> >
> > hth,
> > Rick
> >
> I tried this workaround but it doesnt work - If I save the n:m dependency
> all doing wright. If I load the object (LAZY) all doing wright, but if I
> wanna load the object with are not loaded (calling getXxx) I getting the
> exception.
> Or does the comment talking about some different solution as:
> @ManyToMany(cascade = CascadeType.REFRESH, fetch = FetchType.LAZY)

I think that's the solution that B.J. mentioned in the JIRA. The testcase
attached to the JIRA might shed some light on the problem. Is there anything
obviously different between that testcase and what you're doing?

> Kevin Sutter wrote:
> >
> > Since you are a WebSphere user, have you opened a PMR for this problem?
> > If
> > you open a PMR, that will definitely raise the priority of getting this
> > issue resolved and get a fix delivered in an iFix or fixpack.  Literally,
> > anybody can open a JIRA Issue against OpenJPA.  The community only has so
> > many cycles in a day, so we need some assistance with prioritizing the
> > work.  PMRs help the IBM-related developers properly prioritize...  :-)
> >
> Where can I open a "PMR"?
> I just posted the hibernate "problem"
>
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=235106&tstart=0
> Furthermore I need a solution within the next few days :(

I've never opened a PMR, but I found the steps documented at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/support/appserver_support.html

I think step 6 specifically addresses opening a PMR (glancing through the
others might be good too though).
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/support/appserver_support.html#step6

<snip>

Hope this helps.