openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi-ready Distribution
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:11:38 GMT
The openjpa artifact uses as many up-leveled dependencies that have
bundle metadata as are available in the public maven repos.  Using
private maven repos for build dependencies is frowned upon and will
eventually be blocked by the Apache Nexus repo, so I don't want to go
down that path.

The openjpa-all artifact is not created as a bundle.  It is only meant
to help expedite the creation of Java SE apps....

As far as Aries, this is a chicken and egg problem.  Aries depends on
OpenJPA as the provider and OpenJPA requires on Aries for OSGi
enablement.  You can 't have circular dependencies in Maven builds, so
the best place to create an Aries + OpenJPA assembly would be in the
Aries project.

Can you describe what scenario you are trying to solve?  Are you looking
for someone to provide a prebuilt Aries+OpenJPA assembly for Java SE or
something more like Java EE and Apache Geronimo 3.0?

-Donald