openjpa-users mailing list archives

From nasseria1 <nasser.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to reset OpenJPA cache
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 19:40:43 GMT

Thanks all for replies,

Using the discussed methods I selected "cache.evictAll()" to clear the
second level cache in OpenJPA, and I guess it worked, although I am not
sure. First, is there any way to be sure that the cache is cleared in a
simple case? for e.g. is there any count method to measure the functionality
of evict() or evictAll() methods? To be more clear, we want to clear the
second level cache in a certain way.

And finally, as we discussed, clearing the cache by evict() methods, has any
side effect or any other practice that may be overlooked by programmers? I
mean any aspect that can affect performance or even integrity of data?

Thanks for giving any idea,
Nasser Fard