openjpa-users mailing list archives

From mpf <mrkspfeif...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with openjpa 1.2.2 and WAS7
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:36:09 GMT

I am using a WAS7 with a DB2 and I want to change the persistence provider
from openjpa 1.2.2 (provided with WAS7) to hibernate 3.3.2.GA (the last JPA
1.0 implementation?).
The reason is following:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1508?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1508?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

At first someone knows a solution for that problem (workaround)?
Otherwise I need an alternative provider like Hibernate.

Someone made experience with changing the WAS7 persistence provider?

I tried it out and get following exception:

Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: nested exception is:
javax.ejb.EJBException: Injection failure; nested exception is:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: EntityManagerFactory has not been created
for PU : PuId=ZWREar#ZWRService.jar#zwr+
Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBException: Injection failure; nested exception is:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: EntityManagerFactory has not been created
for PU : PuId=ZWREar#ZWRService.jar#zwr+
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: EntityManagerFactory has not
been created for PU : PuId=ZWREar#ZWRService.jar#zwr
   at
com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo.getEntityManagerFactory(JPAPUnitInfo.java:1352)

I can't make head or tail of it:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... party.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websp ... #hibernate

My persistence.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="1.0"
   xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
   <persistence-unit name="asdf" transaction-type="JTA">
      <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
      <jta-data-source>jdbc/asdf</jta-data-source>
      <class>at.gv.domain.impl.ClassA</class>
      <class>at.gv.domain.impl.ClassB</class>
      <properties>
         <property name="hibernate.dialect"
value="org.hibernate.dialect.DB2Dialect" />
         <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true" />
         <property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="true" />
         <property name="hibernate.connection.datasource" value="
            java:/comp/env/jdbc/asdf" />
         <property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class"
            value="org.hibernate.transaction.CMTTransactionFactory" />
         <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class"

value="org.hibernate.transaction.WebSphereExtendedJTATransactionLookup" />
      </properties>
   </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Could someone tell me what I have to do that an alternative persistence
provider works?