openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven artifacts description
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:59:03 GMT
Hi Jean-Louis,

>From a Maven standpoint you probably still want to use
org.apache.openjpa:openjpa - that really hasn't changed. Here's what I use :

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
            <artifactId>openjpa</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.0</version>
        </dependency>

As I understand it openjpa-all does much the same thing - except all the
dependencies (serp, geronimo-specs, etc.) are pulled into a single jar.

For your specific question you can find a one line description for most of
the modules at mvnrepository<http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.openjpa>.
These are taken directly from the pom.xml files and might not be terribly
illuminating. They should get you started though.

Here's my take - if you find it useful we can update the poms. I've ordered
them differently from mvnrepository to try to make it clearer.

** Externals
openjpa             OpenJPA. Just OpenJPA.
openjpa-all             OpenJPA with its dependencies in one easy to consume
jar.
apache-openjpa             OpenJPA Project Docs and Assemblies (zip files)

** Internals
openjpa-parent             Apache OpenJPA implementation of JSR-317 JPA 2.0
: parent pom.
openjpa-lib             OpenJPA Utilities Library : common utilities
openjpa-kernel             OpenJPA Kernel : store agnostic persistence code.
openjpa-jdbc             OpenJPA JDBC library – facilitates communicating
with JDBC stores
openjpa-persistence         OpenJPA Persistence – JPA specific wrappers for
interacting with kernel.
openjpa-persistence-jdbc     OpenJPA Persistence JDBC – JPA specific wrapper
for JDBC stores.
openjpa-persistence-locking     OpenJPA Persistence Locking Tests
openjpa-slice             OpenJPA Slice : support for partitioned databases.
openjpa-xmlstore         OpenJPA XML Store library for writing to XML stores

** Integration and examples
openjpa-examples         OpenJPA Examples
openjpa-integration         Parent pom file for OpenJPA integration with
other products
openjpa-integration-daytrader     OpenJPA Integration Tests - Daytrader
openjpa-integration-examples      OpenJPA Integration Tests - Examples
openjpa-integration-tck           OpenJPA Integration Tests - JPA TCK
openjpa-integration-validation     OpenJPA Integration Tests - Bean
Validation

** Obsolete or moved
examples          Legacy – now openjpa-integration-examples
openjpa-lib-5         OpenJPA Utilities 1.5 (obsolete)
openjpa-kernel-5     OpenJPA Kernel 1.5 (obsolete)
openjpa-jdbc-5         OpenJPA JDBC 1.5 (obsolete now)
tck             moved to openjpa-integration-tck

hth,
-mike