openjpa-users mailing list archives

From JVerstry <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generation of Canonical MetaModel Classes with Maven
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:29:25 GMT

Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> How will X.java be compiled to X.class if it refers to non-existent X_ --
> even for the first time?
> My first guess to resolve such circularity will be to take into compiler
> rounds and annotation processor dialog -- which, current OpenJPA
> annotation processor does not.

If the classes are generated before the maven compile step/cycle, it should
be no issue (c.f.
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnex-book/reference/simple-project-sect-simple-core.html#simple-project-sect-lifecycle).

Of course, I am assuming the OpenJPA annotation processor does not require
compiled classes. But, I may be wrong... May be it can't work with Java code
and requires bytecode. In that case, I don't see any solution for
circularity.

I'll take a look at your ant reference.