openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generation of Canonical MetaModel Classes with Maven
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:19:14 GMT

1. I think you are running into circular reference problem.

Canonical metamodel classes are generated during annotation processing which
is triggered during compilation of @Entity classes. So if X is a @Entity
class, X_ is available *after* X is compiled. But the way you are defining X
requires X_ to be available. I do not know of any immediate solution.
The possible workaround is to consider factoring out reference to
EntityManager/Factory/CriteriaQuery etc from the domain class (not a kosher
practice anyway).

2. So please verify if is only a "maven" problem -- I am guessing that any
compilation (ant, command-line) should encounter the same problem. If not, I
have to think more about what is happening.

3. About -out/-s option to direct the output source code location :
   Which exact version of openjpa is being used?
   Do
   $ java -jar /path/to/openjpa.jar

   I will confirm which option is applicable to that particular version.
Because -out was deprecate and -s was introduced very close to the 2.0
release.

> because I want to develop on a stable release.
   OpenJPA trunk is a solid trunk. The changes injected are highly monitored
and continuously tested over a corpus of 4000+ tests. So stability should
not be a concern, surely not for development. Production may be a different
story from a support point of view.

-----
Pinaki