openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange warnings about query parameters
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:31:26 GMT

It's a bug.
OpenJPA translates a JPQL query Q to target SQL query S for the first
execution. Any subsequent execution of Q bypasses the SQL generation and
directly uses S. There is significant performance advantage (because Q to S
translation is quite costly). One of the key aspect of reusing the target
SQL is to rebind the query parameters -- and the rebinding path does have
known bugs.

  I will take a look at your use case. What is the type of I.category?

-----
Pinaki