openjpa-users mailing list archives

From JVerstry <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generation of Canonical MetaModel Classes with Maven
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:00:12 GMT

Mike wrote:
> My project has a similar layout.
>
> Here's the entire pom.xml.
> Entities are in src/main/java/...
> Persistence.xml in src/main/resources/META-INF. Here's the file but it's
> not terribly interesting.
>
> After running mvn clean && mvn compile I get the metamodel classes in
> target/classes/.../
>
> The only difference that's jumping out at me is that I specified the
> classes in persistence.xml - could you give that a try?
>
> -mike

Hi Mike,

I think I may have been looking in the wrong directory yesterday. Sorry.
Adding <compilerArgument>-Aopenjpa.metamodel=true</compilerArgument> does
work on my side. I wasn't expecting the sources to be generated in target.

I also noticed that one can use the mojo plugin:

            <plugin>

                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>openjpa-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.1</version>

                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>enhancer</id>
                        <phase>process-classes</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>enhance</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>

            </plugin>

It provides more verbose/info, but
<compilerArgument>-Aopenjpa.metamodel=true</compilerArgument> still has to
be set.

I believe this is information we could add in the OpenJPA guide.

Thanks for your help anyway !!!