openjpa-users mailing list archives

From hyndavi <hyndav...@hcl.in>
Subject Integrating existing customized Datasource and Connection objects in JPA
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 06:24:57 GMT

I would like to integrate JPA with my existing code.

My requirment is like i would not specify jpa provider in my persistence.xml
file. After deploying, the container will pick the default jpa provider. For
example, if it is JBOSS, it will pick hibernate as default jpa provider, or
if it is WebSphere then it will pick openjpa as default provider. So it
depends on App Server that we use.

I have a service that build Datasources and Connection objects. I would like
to use this service to supply Datasource and Connection for my
EntityManager. I could not find any property that i can pass Datasource
object or Connection object to the EntityManager.

How could pass my customized datasource and customized connection objects to
EntityManager other than default connection establishment that hibernate or
openjpa creates?