openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA MySQL performance overhead
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:02:21 GMT
Hi Idan,

I wrote a simple test just for inserts : http://pastebin.com/bbW3RMnp

Results from my laptop :
DBC insert took: 23042
200  idan  INFO   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Starting OpenJPA 2.0.0
649  idan  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class
"org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MySQLDictionary" (MySQL 5.1.37-1ubuntu5.4
,MySQL-AB JDBC Driver mysql-connector-java-5.1.5 ( Revision: ${svn.Revision}
)).
JPA insert took: 36036

So roughly 1.5x for JPA. It's a single connection for JDBC, but I'm using
dbcp with OpenJPA (MaxActive=100,MaxIdle=0,MaxWait=10000) and a javaagent to
enhance the entities.

Again this is very simple, but I'm not seeing the 5x degradation you
reported.

If you can post your testcase - maybe focus just on INSERTs that might help.

-mike