openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a custom L2 cache
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:46:49 GMT
Just your normal JVM memory constraints...  :-)

Seriously, is there no defined maximum.  But, the size of the cache needs to
be experimented with.  Just making the cache larger doesn't necessarily make
things run faster.  At a certain point, depending on your application, you
will reach a point of diminishing returns and you'll just be wasting memory
and processing cycles.

Kevin