openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a custom L2 cache
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 02:09:03 GMT
This is something that I've always wanted to experiment with, just have
never found the time. AFIK, OpenJPA proper doesn't have support for a shared
cache but you could use the OpenJPA TCPRemoteCommitProvider to have
distributed cache evictions. This *should* work if you get all of the pieces
leaning properly against each other. This method would be quite problematic
as you would have to update your p.xm file each time you wanted to add a new
cluster member (in addition to managing the ports).

One other option would be to explore using ehcache and openjpa. I can't find
a link right now, but hopefully someone can point you in the right direction
in the morning.

HTH,
Rick