openjpa-users mailing list archives

From David Minor <davemi...@gmail.com>
Subject JPQL class lookup performance
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:08:46 GMT
Hi,

In some performance analysis (via periodic thread dumps), we've
noticed that roughly 1/4 of our openjpa threads are in
JPQLExpressionBuilder's getPathOrConstant(), attempting to lookup
classes. And 1/3 of those are busy filling in stack traces because the
path isn't a class.

The lookup ultimately occurs in QueryImpl.toClass() via
QueryImpl.classForName(), which tries a few variations for each
lookup. Is it possible to cache the results of these lookups somewhere
to improve performance?

We're using version 1.2.1, although the code in question doesn't seem
to have changed.

--
David Minor