openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <Harald.Wellm...@multi-m.de>
Subject OpenJPA and PostGIS or other spatial extensions
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:02:50 GMT

I'm currently evaluating OpenJPA as a replacement for Hibernate. I'm rather
frustrated by the lack of JPA 2.0 compliance in Hibernate, and I'm glad to
say I haven't run into any such problems with OpenJPA so far.

On the other hand, there are some extensions beyond the scope of JPA which
work with Hibernate and which would have to be replaced as well.

Our project uses geodata stored in PostGIS. Hibernate Spatial provides type
mappings for the geometry JDBC types and custom HQL operators like WITHIN()
corresponding to PostGIS stored procedures.

Would it be possible to hook into OpenJPA in a similar manner to support
spatial extensions without resorting to native SQL?

Best regards,

Harald