openjpa-users mailing list archives

From idan <ida...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA MySQL performance overhead
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:43:23 GMT

Hey,
After learning some ANT basics i have managed to enhance my classes using
the ant script :-)

In each of my tests i have 10,000 iterations and at the end i calculate the
average execution time.

Insert/Update & Delete results are reasonable.. about 1.5x than plain JDBC.

But, Select (EntityManager.find()) performs pretty slow 2x and more than
plain JDBC.

Some details about my environment:

Client and Server are on different machines on my local network.

The properties i have in my persistence.xml file are:

	<property name="ConnectionProperties"
                  value="DriverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver,
                  Url=jdbc:mysql://.......,
                  MaxActive=100,
                  MaxWait=10000,
                  Username=...,
                  Password=...,
                  TestOnBorrow=false,
                  poolPreparedStatements=true" />
	<property name="jdbc.SynchronizeMappings"
value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"/>
         <property name="ConnectionDriverName"
                value="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"/>

	<property name="openjpa.Multithreaded" value="true" />
	<property name="jdbc.DBDictionary" value="batchLimit=1000"/>