openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <daryl.stu...@opentempo.com>
Subject Can entity manager join jdbc transaction?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:43:26 GMT
Hello, my project has a lot of work done direct to JDBC and some new work
done through OpenJPA. I'm using 1.2.1 on Tomcat (non-container). I have a
situation where a JDBC connection is obtained and a transaction is started.
Then some OpenJPA querying is done. The Entity Manager obtains an
independent connection which means it doesn't read the state with respect to
the JDBC transaction. Is there any way to get an Entity Manager to join a
JDBC transaction? My setup uses a DataSource to supply a connection to the
Entity Manager. It seems I could modify this to return the JDBC connection,
but I'm guessing the EM would close it before my JDBC operation is done.

Thanks.

--
Daryl Stultz