openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Knoche <kno...@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Subject Re: Table name too long
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:29:13 GMT

On 29.06.2010 17:24, C N Davies wrote:
> Looks like a defect but you can use the properties to set
> openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary  for  maxTableNameLength to set the maximum
> length.  According to the doc the default is 128 characters but that's not
> true!

I already tried to fiddle around with maxTableNameLenght, but setting it
to values less than 30, results in the same problem, since the table
names are truncated to the value set there, but the check includes the
schema name again, so that it exceeds the value.
Setting it to larger values led to the problem that the tablenames were
too large for the Oracle database to store them (ORA-00972: identifier
is too long).

The Oracle version is
JDBC drivers as suggested by the documentation, but I also
tried and with no success.

View raw message