openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Knoche <kno...@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Subject Table name too long
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:26:33 GMT
Hello,

I think I have a problem related to Bug 866. I am using an Oracle
database and I'm getting the following Exception during the SchemaTool:

org.apache.openjpa.util.UserException: Table name
"TEST.DIAGNOSTIC_AVRDATA_SEGMENTEDAR" is 35-character long. The database
allows maximum 30-character for a table name.
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.checkNameLength(DBDictionary.java:5215)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.getCreateTableSQL(DBDictionary.java:3304)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.OracleDictionary.getCreateTableSQL(OracleDictionary.java:899)

The table name itself is cut off correctly after 30 characters, but it
seems that the check for the name length includes also the schema name,
so that in total the Table name is seen as too long. I am using the
2.0.0 release of OpenJPA, but I also tried the 1.3.0 and 2.1.0 snapshots
which showed the same behaviour.

Hoping for hints how to solve this.

Cheers,
Joerg.