openjpa-users mailing list archives

From joe <fischauto...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: MaxDB and OpenJPA
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:14:24 GMT
Hi,

> Joe I am not sure exactly what your question is, is it the "SchemaAction" or
> is it more generally the SynchronizeMappings  property?

Hm, i think the SchemaAction.

If i understand it correctly it leads to a dropping of all tables, and
after it to a recreation of the tables based on the entities.

At least this is what i want to accomplish for the unit tests.

For MaxDB the dropping of the tables works, but the tables are not
recreated.

> Anyway, I use MaxDB
> with  this setting on 1.2.2 and 2.0 perfectly fine.
>
> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings"
> value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)" />

I suppose you created the tables in MaxDB through native SQL by yourself
and not from OpenJPA.
For production i do the same and OpenJPA seems to work together with MaxDB.