openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Performance with large lists
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:39:13 GMT
Donald Woods on 18/06/10 20:54, wrote:
>> 4) Actually no because in OpenJPA 1.2.2 there is a bug that throws NPEs
>> and means I can't run with it enabled. I just upgraded to 2.0.0 I think
>> I've got the same bug - albeit a different stack trace - but a quick
>> google didn't show up any immediately available work-around. I guess
>> this is the key issue, right?
>>

> Which JIRA and what does your 2.0.0 stack trace look like?

OK you caught me there. I did not find it in the Jira just now (searched on
either NullPointerException or DataCachPCDataImpl), I was referring to this
message here:

http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/NullPointerException-in-DataCache-td532523.html

The same stack trace as mine in 1.2.2 and this is my stacktrace with 2.0.0:

         at
org.apache.openjpa.datacache.DataCachePCDataImpl.clearInverseRelationCache(DataCachePCDataImpl.java:179)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.datacache.DataCachePCDataImpl.storeField(DataCachePCDataImpl.java:159)
         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.PCDataImpl.store(PCDataImpl.java:235)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.datacache.DataCachePCDataImpl.store(DataCachePCDataImpl.java:125)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.datacache.DataCacheStoreManager.updateCaches(DataCacheStoreManager.java:179)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.datacache.DataCacheStoreManager.commit(DataCacheStoreManager.java:90)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.commit(DelegatingStoreManager.java:95)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.endStoreManagerTransaction(BrokerImpl.java:1436)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.endTransaction(BrokerImpl.java:2316)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.afterCompletion(BrokerImpl.java:1975)
         ... 69 more