openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Performance with large lists
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:21:26 GMT
I am trying to get a handle on what I should be able to achieve.

Can someone give me some idea of the metrics I should be able to get
optimistically when persisting an object that has a child list with 20,000 child
objects and 20,000 grandchildren? (one-to-one child -> grandchild)

Can I reasonably expect to get this done in under a minute?

I think that would work out at a rate of about 1.5 milliseconds per object.

Thanks
Adam