openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD -- Novlog <j-b.bri...@novlog.com>
Subject Re: JPA for portable database management (and wishes for JPA 3.0)
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:08:15 GMT
Unfortunately, lifecycle in JPA will not answer to the direct need of "that" triggers.
I need triggers because our customer asked for *secure* audit trail.
That audit trail must be operational for any data access, from or not from the Java application
server.
That must be done very strictly for legal purpose, so it can't be any Java part at runtime.

So, I was only thinking about a "installation time" (creating the triggers) written in Java
so it will be portable.
As we are not just doing project for customers, I would like to to that in a portable manner.

If not OpenJPA, are you aware of any framework that would allow portable DDL statement in
Java ?