openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Angelo K. Huang" <angel...@ymail.com>
Subject What is DetachedStateManager? Memory Leak?
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 00:32:01 GMT

We used openjpa 1.2.1 in our application that run in Tomcat.  One stress test
I am running is to request a large number of results back. The query part is
fine. However, when I dumped the memroy using jmap and jhat, I still could
see lots of objects stayed in the memory and referenced by
DetachedStateManager after a while. The entityManager is closed after the
queries. I am thinking those objects might not be garbage collected by JVM
and cause memory leak.

21001 instances of class org.apache.oozie.SLAEventBean
21000 instances of class org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DetachedStateManager