openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <...@cndavies.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Entity
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:13:22 GMT
Well I must say I gave up allowing OpenJPA to manage my joins a long time
ago ... ok to be honest it is not OpenJPA it is just the immaturity of the
JPA spec.  Apart from this issue you raise, the  logic of view management is
at best naïve,  lazy loading is as dumb as a box of rocks.  EBeans! Or EJB
2.0.

Chirs

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Stultz [mailto:daryl.stultz@opentempo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 June 2010 3:05 AM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Re: Virtual Entity

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Matthew Adams
<matthew@matthewadams.me>wrote:

> Sweet, glad I could help (if I really did)...
>
> Blast! I spoke too soon. Sure enough, the querying works just fine,
> but now
if I try to delete an instance of E, OpenJPA tries to delete the
corresponding records from the join table, which is a view, so naturally
doesn't work. Unless someone has a good idea, I guess I'll have to roll this
behavior into my virtual entity as well.

--
Daryl Stultz