openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <>
Subject RE: MaxDB and OpenJPA
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:48:08 GMT
Oh Ok ... hmm I haven't used dropping because I like to keep the old
data/schema even I am not using it.

I just checked the manual regarding the mapping tool (this property uses)
and  I think you need to change your action stuff. Check Pg 262 of the 1.2.x
manual (pdf version) .   It looks like I does support what you want but not
with your setup.

-----Original Message-----
From: joe []
Sent: Tuesday, 29 June 2010 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: MaxDB and OpenJPA

> Joe I am not sure exactly what your question is, is it the
> "SchemaAction" or is it more generally the SynchronizeMappings  property?

Hm, i think the SchemaAction.

If i understand it correctly it leads to a dropping of all tables, and after
it to a recreation of the tables based on the entities.

At least this is what i want to accomplish for the unit tests.

For MaxDB the dropping of the tables works, but the tables are not

> Anyway, I use MaxDB
> with  this setting on 1.2.2 and 2.0 perfectly fine.
> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings"
> value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)" />

I suppose you created the tables in MaxDB through native SQL by yourself and
not from OpenJPA.
For production i do the same and OpenJPA seems to work together with MaxDB.

View raw message