openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA without jta-data-source in persistence xml
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 18:38:57 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

Thanks for looking into this. I was hoping it'd be relatively
straight-forward to implement. I do have a couple of minor questions
though:

1.) Is the jta-data-source needed in your example :
      <jta-data-source>jdbc/slice-ds1</jta-data-source>

           <properties>
                <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory" value="slice"/>
                <property name="openjpa.slice.Names"
value="slice1,slice2,slice3"/>
                <property name="openjpa.slice.Master" value="slice1"/>
                <property name="openjpa.slice.slice1.ConnectionFactoryName"
value="jdbc/slice-ds1"/>
                <property name="openjpa.slice.slice2.ConnectionFactoryName"
value="jdbc/slice-ds2"/>
                <property name="openjpa.slice.slice3.ConnectionFactoryName"
value="jdbc/slice-ds3"/>
                <property name="openjpa.TransactionMode" value="managed" />
               <property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode"
value="managed" />
        </properties>

It seems we could either omit the jta-data-source, or infer that it is the
master slice if it is present.  Maybe a better question is, what would
happen if the jta-data-source and the master slice were different?

2.) If the entity manager is JTA scoped, then openjpa.TransactionMode and
openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode should already be set to managed. Is there
anything in slice that would require them to be set?

Regards,
-mike

-mike