openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disabling caching!
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 18:36:01 GMT
What you tried will disable the L2 cache - a cache which is shared by all
EntityManagers which are created by the same EntityManagerFactory. It will
not disable the 'L1' cache - the cache each EntityManager maintains for
itself.

For example :
MyEntity e1 = em.find(MyEntity.class, 1);   // fetched from database
e1 = em.find(MyEntity.class, 1);   // fetched from L1 cache.

If you need to update e1 you can use the em.refresh() method, or you can
call em.clear() to clear the l1 cache and re-run your query. Otherwise we
will use the copy from the L1 cache.

Is this the behavior you're seeing?

-mike