openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Hiran Chaudhuri <hiran.chaudh...@amadeus.com>
Subject Re: Ant based enhancement
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 14:08:03 GMT
Hi, Rick.

Thank you for the quick response. I read the blog, which clearly says the
persistence.xml file should be in the right location once the enhancer
runs.
My build.xml file snippet looks like this:

        <openjpac directory="build/jar">
            <fileset dir=".">
                <include name="**/*.*" />
            </fileset>
        </openjpac>

The build/jar directory is created by Netbeans 6.8, and it compiles all
java source files to that location.
So inside <dir hosting build.xml>/build/jar I find these entries:
log4j.properties                        (my log4j configuration file,
which will appear on the classpath later)
META-INF
        -application-client.xml
        -MANIFEST.MF
        -persistence.xml        (that is the file OpenJPA should look for,
right?)
rmspilot                                (the package hosting all my other
source files)

So I guess Netbeans did the job for me already and the file is in place.
The content of the file has proven to be usable for runtime enhancement,
so I believe it is ok.

What else could I look for now?

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
System Support Programmer / Analyst
IT Service Assurance
Hosting & Regional Services (IH)
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Berghamer Strasse 6
85435 Erding
T: +49-8122-43x3662
hiran.chaudhuri@amadeus.com
http://www.amadeus.com

Rick Curtis <curtisr7@gmail.com>
users@openjpa.apache.org
cc

bcc

Subject
Re: Ant based enhancement

Rick Curtis <curtisr7@gmail.com>
Please respond to : users@openjpa.apache.org
17-05-10 15:55

Hiran -

I'd suggest reading through this[1] blog posting which talks about
enhanecment. Most likely the net of the message is that OpenJPA can't find
your persistence.xml file. If your build directory is /bin, your
persistence.xml file should be at /bin/META-INF/persistence.xml. Lets
start
with the simple solution before we go too far.

Thanks,
Rick

[1]
http://webspherepersistence.blogspot.com/2009/02/openjpa-enhancement.html