openjpa-users mailing list archives

From ljnelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError in JavaSE environment
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 18:40:25 GMT

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Kevin Sutter [via OpenJPA] <
ml-node+5047496-348598892-210534@n2.nabble.com<ml-node%2B5047496-348598892-210534@n2.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> Your limitations are unfortunate, Laird.  The RuntimeUnenhancedClasses
> support within OpenJPA is just fine for simple, out-of-the-box
> applications.  But, as soon as you start to push the envelope with
> features,
> function, performance, etc, this RuntimeUnenhancedClasses support just
> won't
> cut it.

Good to know!

> Doing buildtime enhancement is quite easy and wouldn't affect your junit
> execution.  Would that be an option?

Well, I'm not sure.  Does enhancement overwrite the existing classes?  If
so, then they wouldn't subsequently be loadable by EclipseLink and
Hibernate, which is the whole point of this test case (to vet mappings and
behavior across all well-known JPA providers).  If build-time enhancement
could spit them out somewh...ere...el.se... {brain explodes thinking of the
Maven classpath ramifications}

> Are you using the Sun JDK?  If so, then using the dynamic java agent
> support
> might also do the trick for you.  Rick would have more details on that.

Yes; however, if I pursue this enhancement/weaving approach, then I would
need to have at least two such agents on the classpath (yours and
EclipseLink's).  What fun.

> Even if you could verify that doing enhancement in one form or another gets
>
> you around the NCDF exception would be a good first step with narrowing
> down
> the problem.

Now THAT much I can do.  :-)  Thanks for the pointers.

Best,
Laird