openjpa-users mailing list archives

From ljnelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPA 3.0
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 15:30:41 GMT

(Perhaps it's just me; all the links in Kevin's original post are garbled
(begin with http://user/...?), so I'll dump a quick suggestion here.)

I would love a way for the EntityManager to be able to get mapping
information in much the same way as the Metamodel API allows you to get type
information.

Obviously looking for annotations is only half the battle, as they could be
overridden or replaced by orm.xml.

All providers of course have a way of doing this already; seems like a nice
thing to standardize.

Best,
Laird

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Kevin Sutter [via OpenJPA] <
ml-node+5036522-1621461259-210534@n2.nabble.com<ml-node%2B5036522-1621461259-210534@n2.nabble.com>