openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJPA confusing classes
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 15:06:24 GMT

> Can anyone explain why 2.0 behaves differently than 1.x by default?

I can not pinpoint an accurate cause but here is broader observation:
   Stringification and de-stringification of a persistent identity value
has/had lot of assumptions often innocuously hidden in toString() methods or
concatenation of strings etc. My hypothesis is those *implicit* assumptions
that were consistent before are weakening now. Because these assumptions on
stringification did not appear as strongly-typed construtcs, it is somewhat
easier to weaken them as well. I have surely noticed them causing a major
regression of untyped relationship support.

-----
Pinaki