openjpa-users mailing list archives

From vld <knezevicvladi...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Abstract class Fetch Join
Date Sat, 15 May 2010 09:01:04 GMT

crispyoz wrote:

> I a have similar "Active" field on all my entities, I use "join fetch" not
> "left join fetch" for the same purpose but don't have this issue.

Thank you for your reply.

I tried JOIN FETCH (although I can have LegalEntitys without address), but
the result is the same. Since I can't put an alias for JOIN FETCH
relationship, generated query contains two JOIN statements between
LegalEntity and Address, one for Fetch and one for Where.

It seems that
- SELECT le, a FROM LegalEntity le JOIN le.addresses a WHERE le.id=:id AND
a.isActive=true
would solve the problem, but inheritance is not properly handled.